Giving to the Eliot Church
The Eliot Church conducts an annual pledge drive to support the church mission and operating budget.
There are two main ways that you can donate to the Eliot Church...
1. Make a pledge to the church by contacting the Assistant Treasurer at email@example.com. You can then fill this pledge either by...
- Completing a form to automatically pay by credit card, debit card or electronic funds transfer from your checking account. The Assistant Treasurer will provide this form.
- Paying by check (on a one-time or ongoing basis)
- Paying by cash (you will be given envelopes to deposit in the Sunday collection).
2. Transfer securities to the church. In many cases, gifting of appreciated securities may offer favorable tax treatment. Please contact the Treasurer of the church for details and a sample letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
The church will track your contributions and will provide documentation for tax purposes. All donations are fully tax deductible.
Thank you for your support - every donation makes a difference to our Church!
Eliot Church Endowment Fund
The Eliot Church Endowment Fund exists as an entity separate from the Church (managed by a Committee elected at the Church Annual Meeting). The purpose of the Endowment Fund is to assure the long term success of the Church.
Surpluses in the Church operating budget may be directed to the Fund. More commonly, income/appreciation from the Fund is distributed to the church to be used as part of the operating budget. The principal of the Fund, however, will always be preserved and used only for emergencies or special purposes that will contribute to the growth and sustenance of the church (for example, real estate purchases).
Members and friends of the Church are strongly encouraged to consider a planned gift such as providing for the Fund in your will or naming the Fund as a life insurance beneficiary. The continued existence of the Eliot Church can be part of your legacy.
Of course, the Fund also accepts current donations: this is an excellent use of appreciated stock.
Please contact Ben Bailey, Chairman of the Endowment Committee for information.